Y’all! I can’t believe it’s been one year here in this space! It has been a full year of hard work, determination, passion, and lots of love. It’s also been a full year of partnering with some of my favorite brands to date and sharing all the things with you guys here on the blog. I definitely wouldn’t have made it this far without Jesus and so many of you who believed in me. I have SO much work to do still, and so much more to learn about being an influencer and blogger but I’m here and I’m ready to step into another year of growth and goals!
The name Lelia’s, is named after my late grandmother, Lelia. Growing up I loved going shopping with her in the small town of Kosciusko, MS and the many days of flipping through Spiegel’s and JCPenney catalogs at my grandparents’ home. My grandmother loved shopping, new clothes, hats, and the epitome of southern hospitality (hence “Lelia’s Southern Charm”). Through my grandmother’s passion, it sparked my inspiration to create a blog so that I can share styles no matter the size with the world with a dose of southern charm!
I’m also celebrating a full year of pursuing the influencer world. Let’s face it there’s not a lot of people that look like “me” in the “social media influencer” world and I wanted to change that by sharing my outfits, how I style basics, and places where I shop with other as a plus size gal with a dose of inspiration and lifestyle tips in-between. I love fashion, but I also care about how clothing makes you feel and believe that to rock your outfit no matter your shape or size, you must first love yourself and put a smile on your face to complete your outfit.
One of the best things that I love about being an influencer is the COMMUNITY! I have met so many virtual friends who come from different backgrounds, races, and locations (some who I have also met IRL). I love hearing you guys stories, life hacks, reading your messages on Instagram, sharing your daily finds and styles, laughing, and cheering you guys on your own journey! It’s the best thing – there is no competition here and there is room for everyone at the table.
Most importantly, I love creating content that anyone can enjoy. From sharing the latest sale to reminding you to give yourself grace in the midst of a pandemic. I believe in positivity and inspiring others to be their best self and I hope that’s what you find when you read my blog post or scroll through my Instagram page. I hope you find hope and light. I hope you walk away feeling better than you did and I hope you always find inspiration. So this celebration is for you too- yes you! For joining me here on this journey, for subscribing, for following, to shopping my links, and sending me encouraging messages.
Below I’m sharing just a few fun facts about me and some of my favorite things about being an influencer/blogger:
- I’m a Gemini
- I love confetti (also my favorite emoji)
- I see a therapist for my anxiety
- I have a degree in Paralegal Studies and a Masters in Leadership with an HR Concentration
- I really hate taking outfit photos in the middle of summer so dang hot and humid in MS
- Most days I really don’t know what I’m doing but I vowed to just show up anyways
- I work a full-time job at law firm as their Learning & Engagement Specialist
- I used to work part-time at Sephora
- I love Mexican food
- I’m a huge Dance Mom fan
- I recently became a plant mom during this pandemic
- I’ve changed clothes in my car way too many times – haha
- I don’t photoshop my photos (the only thing I photoshop are objects in the way and sweat off my face – Lol)
- I love and miss college ministry
- Favorite seasons are Fall and Winter
- If I’m taking photos with a skirt or dress on I’m more than likely wearing Sephora’s Spray Tint on my legs or arms for an even “glow”
- My first collaboration was with my local Loft store in Ridgeland – Bernice and the ladies of Loft really spoke into me and believed in me to really pursue being an influencer
- Would be lost without Target
- I’m subscribed to Good Housekeeping Magazine
- My favorite brand collabs to work with are my local Loft stores and Cato’s
- I take my own photos 90% of the time by using my handy dandy iphone tripod stand with a Bluetooth clicker
- I love mascara and wear about 3-4 different mascaras to achieve my “lash” look
- I love to people watch (but not in a creepy way) just seeing how others engage and communicate
- …and lastly, I feel most fulfilled when I’m empowering others
Again, thank you for celebrating with me today! My heart is full and I’m super pumped about the next year, and the next! If we haven’t “virtually” met drop a comment below would love to say hey! While you’re here browse around to some of my most recent blog posts. Also, I would love if you would share my blog or IG page with your friends and family if you think they too would enjoy following along.
Here’s to many more years!
3 thoughts on “HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY, LELIA’S!”
I love following you, Nicole! You are a beautiful light and just a fabulous ray of positivity! Keep going, sister!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Nicole – I’m so glad I found your blog! You are so joyous and beautiful, inside & out!
LikeLiked by 1 person
So proud of you.. love your blog!!