Hi Friends! I don’t know about you but I’m so over #quarantine – who’s with me? I decided that I was going to create a weekend of things that bring me joy while still keeping socially distancing safe but still lifting my spirits.
- Hit the snooze button! If you can sleep in tomorrow, but prepare accordingly the night before. Let your household know your plan (unless you’re single like me then you skip this part..ha). Wear some super cute and comfy pjs. Grab a book or magazines and place them on your bedside table. Don’t forget the candles! That way the next morning you have everything you need at your fingertips. Wake up, fix yourself breakfast in bed, catch up a show or two, read your book or magazines and don’t forget to light your candles. Here is a link to my current read –“You Can’t Catch Me”.
- Go have yourself a manicure or pedicure – most salons are now open with limited capacities. Call beforehand or check their website to see if you can book an appointment. Wear your mask, and grab some lysol wipes and head to the salon – I’m totally doing this because my nails cannot take another week of not being cared for I went on for long enough! If you rather stay home – checkout these peel on nail strips that I LOVE when doing my nails at home. The brand is Dashing Diva and can be found at your local Target, Walmart, or Ulta!
- Get dressed! Yes, get dressed and go take yourself out for some lunch. Ask for a table outside and far from others dining in (which a few of the local places here in MS are already spreading out dining table). Be smart in picking a place to dine in – if you don’t feel comfortable there then don’t go in, find another place. Also, order takeout and bring it back home. Set the table or do a theme night and make it fun for you or for your household.
- Jump in the car and drive around town or a nearby town and do some sightseeing. Before you hit the road, stop by Sonic and pick up a drink for you to enjoy while site-seeing. Then take pictures of all the places you’ve stopped and post them!
- Make a list of friends or family members that you haven’t seen in a while, then stop by a local bakery and order curbside treats that you can drop off on the porch of your family and friends! They will love the surprise visit and treats and it will do your soul so good!
Do you have some other fun ideas that you or your family have done over the past couple of quarantine months? I would love to know so drop it in the comments. I hope you have the best joy-filled weekend! xoxo