We still are having some chilly days, so that means cravings for warm meals is still in full swing! I made this once for my parents, and my mom has been requesting this White Chicken Chili atleast twice a month now. I make a big pot, and my mom is able to spread it out over the course of the week (if we don’t eat the whole pot). It’s so easy to make and I really can’t believe I’m posting a recipe – ha ha. So here we go! I hope you guys try it out and then come back here and let me know how it turned out or tag me in IG with you creation.
- 2 cans of cooked chicken (or you can grab some chicken breasts, clean, boil, and then shred it by hand)
- 1 jar of salsa (I used a half jar of regular salsa and another half of some spicy salsa – for a little kick)
- 1 (or 2) cups of shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Cumin
- 2-3 cans of white beans
- 2-3 cans of chicken broth
- a sprinkle of black pepper
- a sprinkle of additional spices of your choosing (you don’t have to add this, but I love chili or soup with a little kick to it – wink)
Throw everything into a pot (or a crock-pot) and let it all simmer for 45-min to an hour. Pour soup in a bowl and add crushed tortilla chips on top and more cheese and voila!